Date: Mar 24, 2016
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Online bookings are not available for this class, please see registration info below.
Anthony Guglielmo, LMT
Early Bird Price: $250 (Register by March 1st)
Regular Price: $280
7 CE hour NCBTMB / NYS-certified
This workshop addresses treating migraines and other headaches with massage therapy and lifestyle changes.
Because migraine headaches and their causes are not fully understood, treating them is difficult. Therefore it’s important that we examine some of the underlying elements that can be responsible for these dreadful headaches.
The intention of this workshop is to teach LMTs how to:
- Reduce the amount of migraine headaches a patient may suffer over a course of time, usually in 1-month increments.
- Reduce the severity of the pain and side effects the patient has come to deal with and accept, which will allow the person to once again be more productive and active.
- Reduce the medication the patient is presently taking; as these medications become stronger, they also have strong side effects.
- Relieve pain and try to stop the migraine in its tracks.
- Prevent migraine headaches by removing key elements that can be responsible for their development.
As we learn this information, we’ll also take a look at the anatomy in a way that we may never have viewed it before, and learn treatment patterns to care for the muscles that are affected and part of the problem.
By helping a patient realize what they can do to help the situation, along with applying proper techniques, massage therapy can help migraine sufferers once again take back control of their lives.
Anthony Guglielmo, LMT is a graduate of the Swedish Institute. He has been a Nationally Certified Therapist since 1995 and a NYS Licensed Massage Therapist since 1996. His practice includes working with several MDs and physicians handling a variety of medical conditions. He has been a guest lecturer to medical students and professors at Cornell University and Tufts University discussing the benefits of massage therapy. Anthony is also the author of medical papers and the internationally selling book The Walrus on My Table, discussing his experiences of the effects of massage therapy on animals. In addition to his private practice he is a partner with Cancer Treatment Centers of America working with those dealing with and surviving cancer. Anthony has been providing continuing education classes on a variety of topics for the past 8 years to help pass on the knowledge he has gained over the past 20+ years and nearly 39,000 treatments.Registration / Cancellation Policies