Date: Aug 3, 2013 - Aug 4, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Online bookings are not available for this class, please see registration info below.
Lisa Van Ostrand and Michael Alicia
Saturday, August 3rd and 4th/ 10 am – 5 pm
12 CE hour NCBTMB Certified
Five Element Qigong Healing is a two-day course that teaches students a basic qi or energy healing protocol. Qigong healing can be done with hands off the body or with more robust touch, depending on the specific technique. Either way works because we are following the principles of Chinese Medicine using acupoints and meridian flows as well as circulations in the body that the Chinese have known about for centuries. This protocol can be done as a stand-alone healing, or any of the specific techniques can be integrated into your regular massage routine.
In addition to learning the basic qi energy healing protocol, you will learn:
• Techniques for purging, tonifying and regulating the five yin organs of the body as well as working with the energy fields that surround the body
• How to create a protective energy field for yourself to keep from absorbing pathogenic energy
• How to use energy, intention and your voice to facilitate greater results with your work
• Basic knowledge of the Five Element emotions and spiritual virtues to connect more deeply with your client and to achieve greater healing results
• Qigong exercises and meditations to use for your own cultivation and self-protection.
Please bring comfortable clothing (gym or yogawear).
Lisa Van Ostrand is a Doctor in Medical Qigong (from China) and teaches the Medical Qigong style created by Jerry Alan Johnson at the International Institute of Medical Qigong. She has an MBA and was a teacher at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing for 12 years. She held the title of Dean of Advanced Studies at Barbara Brennan School of Healing from 2000-2007. She is also certified through the Donna Eden Energy Medicine program. She is currently in her 3rd year of acupuncture school and teaches qigong exercises and qigong energy healing in Miami and NYC. She has also created 2 Meridian Meditation CDs.
Michael Alicia, LMT is the founder and director of Massage Space NYC. He has been a licensed massage therapist since 1992 with a thriving practice in Manhattan. Michael has been a teacher of Swedish massage, Shiatsu and Thai massage at the venerable Swedish Institute since 1994. He is also a visiting faculty member at the Therapeutic Massage Training Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina. He is the author of the Stretching Process DVD and Workshop and the Massage Therapist’s Handbook: A Practical Guide to the Business of Massage.Registration / Cancellation Policies