Michael Alicia, LMT is the Founder and Director of CATA, NYC. He has been a licensed massage therapist since 1992 with a thriving practice in Manhattan. Referrals come from long-time satisfied clients, New York’s Broadway and Ballet communities, as well as doctors and chiropractors who prescribe massage for acute injury, chronic pain, stress reduction and performance enhancement. His therapeutic sessions are crafted with an eye toward resolving chronic problems using a variety of techniques, including various forms of massage like Swedish, deep tissue, medical massage, shiatsu and Thai massage, while also including rehabilitative exercises in the form of stretching and strengthening exercises.
Michael has been a teacher of Swedish massage, shiatsu and Thai massage at the venerable Swedish Institute since 1994. He is also a visiting faculty member at the Therapeutic Massage Training Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In the studio:
1 hour: $150
1 1/2 hour: $190
2 hour: $225
1 hour: $200
1 1/2 hour: $240
2 hour: $275
Gratuities are welcome but not expected.
- Freshly bathed is ideal.
- Arrive on time so your appointment is not rushed.
- Please try to give ample notice when canceling so your time can be rescheduled.
- Cancellations within 24 hours will be charged the full fee.
- Swedish modalities are performed unclothed but fully draped.
- Shiatsu & Thai massage are performed clothed. Please wear loose-fitting attire like cotton gym wear.